Introductions Take a moment and introduce yourself.

new poaster here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 PM
V8 Miata Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new poaster here

I bought a Miata a few years ago.
My wife stole it from me.
I may be a mean lizard man but my wife is meaner.
Just bought a 91 cheap to sell, but think I need a v8 Miata.
Been sick and now disabled, but have kick **** workshop so interested
in home conversions.
I am very old school, mostly Ford type hot rodder so a 302 with a 4 barrel is my style.
I can deal with a T5 behind it but do not need 500 hp in a Miata because I want to drive it daily.
Will find the right donor car eventually.....

PS - I go by NowhereMan on a lot of other forums and people HATE me with a deep, burning, mangina hate so let's keep it to cars here.
M'kay?

PS - For the curious, my politics are paleo, like what your confederate flag waving great grandfather type paleo and I have a very sick sense of humour...
That's a warning, m'kay?
Old 09-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Welcome to v8miata.net LizardKing.

Click here to check out the latest thread pictures.

Hope to see you around v8m and enjoy your stay :)
Old 09-26-2014, 07:23 AM
V8 Miata Zealot

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

M'kay. Welcome.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Jim Stainer

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Lets get one thing straight off the bat here "but think I need a v8 Miata" needs to be corrected to remove the word think! Of course you NEEEED a v8 Miata!

No crime in going old school as long as you don't try to convince us jet jockeys that it is better. Well other than the sound... There is pros and cons to every build and every power plant and at the end of the day the world is a better place when any V8 Miata is born.

We don't stray from the V8 topics at hand very often but appreciate the heads up. But I am intrigued now so I have to ask....

From what I have seen there are only 2 types of people that are hated on the internet. People that are rude name calling asses that will belittle you just for being you, and of course conservatives. It is possible though rare that a person could be both.

With enough haters to warn us I bet you live on the right side of the Mason Dixon line (south), and while you don't particularly like how either Bush did on their watch you can't decide who was the worst president ever Clinton or Oboma, and both Ronald Reagan and Carroll Shelby make it high on your list of the 5 greatest men that ever lived. If I'm right you'll be just fine here!

Last edited by charchri4; 09-26-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:35 AM
V8 Miata Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LizardKing
PS - I go by NowhereMan on a lot of other forums and people HATE me with a deep, burning, mangina hate so let's keep it to cars here.
M'kay?

PS - For the curious, my politics are paleo, like what your confederate flag waving great grandfather type paleo and I have a very sick sense of humour...
That's a warning, m'kay?
LOL..aside for the Ford vs GM power plant debate...we'll get along just fine. And if not,

Look forward to following your build.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:54 AM
V8 Miata Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by charchri4

From what I have seen there are only 2 types of people that are hated on the internet. People that are rude name calling asses that will belittle you just for being you, and of course conservatives.
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures- and the Dutch.

-credit Nigel Powers (Austin Powers' fahzha)
Old 09-26-2014, 12:05 PM
V8 Miata Participant

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The damn, dirty dutch.

Nothing more old school american than Big ol' V8 in a small car. Carol shelby did it with the most potent modern power plant he had available at the time, truly cutting edge, and nowadays we do it with the same. And, as a matter of fact, I'm using a 427 in my build. A small throwback, but its all 100% cutting edge, and I'm happy of that, no shame in going "new school."
Old 09-27-2014, 01:34 PM
V8 Miata Noob

Lets get one thing straight off the bat here "but think I need a v8 Miata" needs to be corrected to remove the word think! Of course you NEEEED a v8 Miata!
Sounds like my kind of place.

No crime in going old school as long as you don't try to convince us jet jockeys that it is better.
Of course carbs are better.
Who wants a computer that may decide to go play PacMan on you when you desperately need o get to the grocery store for a dozen eggs and some gummi bears?

Well other than the sound...
Nothing sounds as good as a flathead Ford v8....

There is pros and cons to every build and every power plant and at the end of the day the world is a better place when any V8 Miata is born.
Well, y'all can keep the computer stuff.

We don't stray from the V8 topics at hand very often but appreciate the heads up. But I am intrigued now so I have to ask....
Ok, but remember, I warned y'all and really came here for the v8 talk.
Well, FORD v8s anyhow.
Sooooooooooo......
Here we go!

From what I have seen there are only 2 types of people that are hated on the internet. People that are rude name calling asses that will belittle you just for being you, and of course conservatives.
Did I mention I am a paleo conservative?
If your great great grandfather was a typical white middle class man and you image what he'd say about most things you need not ask my personal opinion.
But many, many, many liberals often call me an **** but I sort of like it.
As for the name calling thing I can do that rather well.
So well, that once I decide to go full on "LizardKing" the sperm belching gutter ***** whine like spoiled rotten little rich girl on an ant nest.

It is possible though rare that a person could be both.
Sure, but do they laugh as much as I do?
I fear I was what y'all now call a "troll" back in 1983 in my first chat room BUT, don't some people NEED to be trolled?
As a matter of fact, I do think I may have been born a troll as I often trolled my very own parents when a child with strange pranks.

With enough haters to warn us I bet you live on the right side of the Mason Dixon line (south), and while you don't particularly like how either Bush did on their watch you can't decide who was the worst president ever Clinton or Oboma, and both Ronald Reagan and Carroll Shelby make it high on your list of the 5 greatest men that ever lived. If I'm right you'll be just fine here!
Of course I don't live on the godless and degenerate side of the Mason Dixon Line.
Shame it isn't the "Mason Dixon Huge **** Fence and Death Towers No Yankee Ever Crossed" line.....

Henry Ford is #1 and if you mention the Jew thing, well, I told you how to figure out what I'd say.
Then Thomas Edison, Ronald Reagan, and Carroll Shelby.

PS - did I mention that I often infuriate some people when I am only trying to educate them?
You try to help someone and hope for maybe a "thanks" or two and all you get is abuse and drama!

PPS - You left off Carter. Then again, maybe you just forget he was really a president. I often do.

heh heh heh
THIS IS THE INTERNUT!
I hope we can jack our jaws about v8 Miata and have fun.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Jim Stainer

LizardKing you may be a lot of things but of this I have no doubt, it would be a blast to sit down with you and kill a 12 pack getting to know you!
Old 09-28-2014, 12:10 AM
V8 Miata Noob

LizardKing you may be a lot of things but of this I have no doubt, it would be a blast to sit down with you and kill a 12 pack getting to know you!
Jim, I am amazed you say this, I haven't had this sort of response on a forum in decades.
Fact: we could tell tall tales and truths for hours with that much beer!

Starting to really like this forum and I've hardly posted a thing yet....
Shall I post my finely crafted "Why do you hate me?" poll?
I've spent years tuning this poll for maximum humor (mine, maybe yours too) and it is a great tool that allows me to get the tone of a forum quickly.
Been banned at two forums just for the poll itself and another forum deleted it TWICE because, well, they HATE me!
lol!
Liberal forums react with outrage and violence and yes, a lot of HATE, to this poll.
I think it is funny as hell, but it seems that is just me...

Dare I?
I think y'all might enjoy it....
Old 12-01-2014, 03:42 PM
Jim Stainer

Hey LizardKing anything happening with your Miata and are you anywhere near Atlanta?
Old 02-22-2015, 12:30 AM
V8 Miata Noob

Hey LizardKing anything happening with your Miata and are you anywhere near Atlanta?
I am near Augusta, Ga and I recently blew the front ujoint, taking out the end of the auto tranny. This car is my daily now...
Need to repair, get moar $ and buy a red NA to drop a v8 in.
There is one on Craiglist with a thrown rod for $1k but I am BROKE.